DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, Almost Home
Almost Home serves homeless teen mothers and helps them learn the skills needed to live independent and responsible lives though its three programs:
- Transitional living-young mothers live in a group setting where they learn the skills needed to become independent, responsible adults and caring parents.
- Low-income apartments- offers our moms a glimpse of independent living while still having the resources offered in the transitional living program
- After-care-we follow through with our moms for 8 years
The Director of Development serves as the lead fundraising professional for the agency and is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive fund development strategy in alignment with the agency’s mission. The primary responsibility of this position is to identify and cultivate prospective donors from whom to solicit gifts and nurture donor relationships through regular contact, communication, and recognition. The position is also responsible for putting systems and processes in place to engage the Board of Directors, staff and other key constituents in successfully achieving the agency’s fundraising goals. This position requires being able to be flexible in work hours and willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity within non-profit or for-profit entity
- Ability to grow, develop, and lead staff is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all facets of fundraising to include: prospect research, individual donor cultivation, grant writing, marketing and managing special events.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate donor relations and effectively work with individuals of high net worth
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work successfully with colleagues, donors, grantors, board and staff.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience in management of donor software, i.e. Sage or Razor’s Edge, etc.
- Detail oriented with respect to planning, analysis, record keeping and evaluation of outcomes.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and adaptable to change
- Confident, professional, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and absolutely ethical
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls.